- Demonstrate a real passion and willingness to seek out new ideas within the industry, contributing imaginatively to Blue Sky Innovation within each customer team, to take the FTG sector forward.
- Collaborating with and supporting your packaging team through brainstorming sessions, to share ideas and enhance creative output
- Presenting new packaging concepts and upgrades to key stakeholders and the customer, in a professional manner, whilst demonstrating with confidence, your packaging knowledge and expertise.
- Benchmarking existing packaging, through regular attendance of customer trawls, to maintain market awareness.
- Briefing new, revised and repeat packaging concepts to suppliers, to ensure the correct resources are available to respond effectively, to customer requests.
- Attend key packaging trials, to ensure concepts translate into a production environment, in a repeatable and sustainable standard
- Create graphics for packaging mock ups, through the use of design packages eg Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop etc to help showcase your ideas.
- In today’s strong environmental climate, focus on sustainable packaging solutions, to ensure your approach answers ever changing policy needs.
Are you passionate about how we can shape our future of sustainable packaging and continuously seeking new trends within this industry?
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced food manufacturer.
Employing over 11,000 colleagues across 15 sites within the UK we supply all of the food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, salads and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
Within our site at Manton Wood we have a team of around 1,700 colleagues and produce sandwiches and wraps for some of the biggest retailers in the UK including Co-op, Asda, Morrisons, Boots, Aldi and Lidl.
Our packaging team are an essential part of bringing creative and innovative packaging ideas together for our customers to market.
- An individual with a passion for creative packaging design as well as the motivation to learn and enhance your skills in development
- A keen eye for detail, along with the ability to communicate effectively with packaging suppliers, our customers and a multi-disciplinary internal team.
- Ability to multi-task consistently, to a high standard, in a resourceful and flexible manner, to strict timescales
- Happy to work as a team or independently, with a degree of UK travel
- A degree in Product or Graphic Design or a related subject would be helpful
- A good understanding of CAD software or 3D design, with an affinity towards rigid plastics and carton board
- Confident in the use of Power point and data visualisation.
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.
About the company