Responsible for developing and implementing the factory’s technical and operational training plans, making sure they are effective for training new staff and developing the required skills in existing workforce to meet the needs of the business as it changes and develops. The training manager will create, maintain and improve the training matrix and programs. They will also in conjunction with Operations and Technical write and amend SOP’s and training material.
To ensure all training is carried out in line with legislative, site, customer standards, compliance and ensuring that the training is effective.
- To ensure compliance with audit standards and best practice
- To effectively assess training needs for all employees and plan for the delivery of all training.
- To work with production management and staff to deliver required training.
- To ensure value is added at each stage of the training process.
- To maintain training records and the training matrix to identify missing gaps.
- To flex with the training requirements to ensure that all employees are adequately trained.
- To contribute to the designing of training packages and resource materials.
- To audit that training standards are being adhered to.
- To discuss and agree with agency provider on required level of training/skill.
- To actively promote a H&S culture
- To continuously seek improvements and to embrace the principles of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing developing the workforce as the needs of the company change.
- To carry out ad-hoc projects and tasks, when required in line with business requirements.
- Ensure agency induction reflects the relevant training delivered on site
- Provide a flexible resource.
- Link with H&S Manager to utilise the H&S Departmental toolkits (e.g. identifying individual training requirements)
In addition to these functions you are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required according to the needs of the business.