- 6 month contract initially- Temp to Perm
- £24-28k per annum DOE (pro-rata)
- Generous holiday allowance & pension
- Fantastic company benefits
With the announcement of a new production site being built, we’re looking for a Production Planner – a vital position in the Supply Chain team, to join one of Scotlands most exciting FMCG manufacturing businesses.
As the Production Planner, you will work to optimise our finished goods inventory whilst we push to minimise costs, supporting the Planning Manager by interpreting sales forecasts to build production plans for all production sites, and providing cover for the Material Planner when required.
You will require an excellent eye for detail and possess the ability to think critically and see the bigger picture. The relationships that you’ll help to manage with our external partners are vital, and your role will be a touchpoint for every department internally, so you will require strong interpersonal skills.
In return you’ll get a fast-paced and varied role in the FMCG industry, with a highly successful and growing company, not to mention some great benefits, including a monthly product allowance and other discounted products.
- Optimise inventory levels by utilising planning systems to translate sales forecasts into a 12-week master production schedule, and 6-month production forecast, for our main production site and all other 3rd party production sites.
- Successfully manage and adapt to fluctuations in demand to ensure consistency of supply.
- Ensure that production plans are being met accurately by all production sites.
- Liaise with the Material Planner to ensure that production and packaging materials are available to meet production requirements.
- Issue stockholding information to key stakeholders and champion ongoing communications with the operations and sales teams to ensure the accurate exchange of information.
- Build and issue production control documents to the production site, and maintain visibility of WIP in the system through the management of production orders
- Responsible for receipting finished goods into stock and raising and updating production orders.
- Act as the point of contact for several key partners, including our 3rd party production sites, and build and maintain strong relationships within the organisation.
- Meet inventory level, obsolescence and supply KPIs.
- Initiating and maintaining SOPs for all relevant workflows
- Physical stock checks
- Provide support to the ops team for any ad-hoc activities
- Provide cover for the material planner
- Compiling S&OP and KPI reports
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an FMCG Supply Chain role. Must possess excellent knowledge of supply chain operations in an FMCG manufacturing environment
- Degree qualification and experience in Production Planning (preferable)
- IT/Systems experience – Excel / SAP B1 / MRP
- Excellent communication skills – ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving skills
- Enthusiastic, diligent and self-starting
- Experience dealing with 3rd party production sites