A key leadership role with overall responsibility of the Production Operation at this rapidly expanding high end Food Manufacturer. Leading by example, using a trained motivated and empowered team that recognise the importance of customer service and have an unswerving focus on the values the business is built upon. All this will be achieved in an environment where cost control dovetails seamlessly with good manufacturing practice to deliver the agreed financial targets.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensure customer expectation is exceeded in all areas. Promote an ethos of internal customer service in line with the company values.
2. An unswerving delivery of the site technical standards. The manufacturing team must operate within the documented standards and policies laid out in the QMS (Quality Management System) without fail. This includes HACCP processes, internal paperwork, date coding, traceability, hygiene levels, staff paperwork and pre-requisite procedures.
3. To deliver the required manufacturing capability and capacity, at or below the agreed budgeted cost.
4. Uphold and continually improve the documented hygiene standards across the site. Ensure personal hygiene, cleaning regimes and micro levels are always all within the required parameters.
5. Implement a training programme that underpins their procedures and policies. This will focus on technical performance, consistent delivery of quality, improvement to manufacturing efficiency, H&S and risk assessment requirements and individual personal development plans.
6. Lead a team to deliver consistency & quality awareness at all levels within factory and manufacture products at or above their customers agreed quality standards. Taste panel will be the point of assessment and review.
7. To maintain positive and effective working relationships within the factory organisation, with other Company functions and externally with customers and suppliers.
8. Ensure all stock is controlled accurately. All stock must be accepted in line with our goods received policy, stored under the correct technical regime, used in line with FIFO and measured accurately at the required intervals. All stock must be traceable at all points of storage and usage.
9. Manage the Capex expenditure ensuring all projects are delivered on time & to budget. Opportunities for Capex improvements should be highlighted and assessed through thorough Costed proposals presented to the Board.
10. Ensure machinery & equipment is looked after and maintained effectively. Legal safety compliance for HSE & Insurers should be maintained across the business. PPM should be completed at the agreed intervals and a culture encouraged to raise potential issues before breakdowns occur, with the aim of maintaining a smooth-running operation at all times.
11. Keep the site audit ready at all times.
12. Responsibility for the planning function to formulate daily plans with required raw material availability.
13. Run daily control meetings to enable clear communication across the operations team. These short sessions will cover daily objectives and expectations, discuss ongoing improvement projects and hold the team to account for any substandard performance issues, and encourage cross team engagement.
14. Monitor a set of factory KPI’s to implement measures which will improve the efficiency of manufacturing. Investigate and remedy sub-standard performance.
15. Deliver a trained, retained and motivated team:
Personal development plans should be in place for all staff members. These should be discussed and updated at regular 1-2-1 appraisal sessions.
All new staff members should be inducted into the business and there should be a culture of fair treatment by all to all.
The staff handbook should be a source document for any staff procedures.
16. To assume responsibility for the safety of self and all staff whilst at work, ensuring that all requirements are laid down within the company’s health & safety policy are implemented, monitored and maintained in order to fulfil all legislative requirements. Risk assessments should be in place where required, ensuring that all staff members are aware of their responsibilities for the health & safety of themselves and those around them. Safe working practices must be adhered to at all times. Awareness of your legal responsibility as a leader is key.
17. To promote a culture across the team that encourages and rewards continuous improvement.
Other Key Roles:
- Be available for training when requested
- Be flexible to undertake work in other departments within the company as an when manufacturing needs require
- Communicate clearly in writing and orally