We are looking for a temporary Private Label Development Manager to cover maternity leave to begin in December 2019 or earlier, which is expected to last for up to 12 months.
Working with UK private label customers’ technical management, our dedicated commercial teams, and our European private label teams, the main purpose of the role is to propose and implement private label opportunities from development to launch, managing each project within each customers’ processes, critical path and technical requirements.
- Key customer contact for all development, renovation, packaging and product communication
- Project lead from development brief to launch for all NPD packaging and product communication
- Ensuring all new and existing products conform to customer guidelines, polices and specifications
- Lead for packaging design changes, pack copy and artwork approval based on approved product specification
- To ensure all aspects of customer specifications are submitted RFT and within agreed timescales
- Organise and lead customer meetings and technical visits to manufacturing sites
- Continually monitoring the consistency of PL products and bench-marking against competitors to ensure product quality standards are maintained.
- Effective communication and reporting on project KPIs, product specifications and policy changes
- To manage the objectives and work plan of the Development Assistant, to ensure all branded projects are delivered on time and to brief
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, with a food science/technology background
- Previous experience in a Private Label Development role in the UK with expertise of managing private label customer requirements
- Strong customer focus and ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- IT literacy to a high standard
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills
- Flexible and creative problem solving skills to overcome obstacles
- Highly self-motivated and results focused, with the ability to work autonomously, as well as working closely with the R&D, Quality, Industrial and Commercial teams in the wider business
Ideally fluent in French and English, both spoken and written. Candidates without French language skills will also be considered though.
The position will require the flexibility to travel in the UK as well as travelling regularly to France, as business needs dictate, so applicants must be prepared to spend time away from home in accordance with the requirements of the job.
A great opportunity to gain experience with a household name.
Indicative Salary Range: £35000 - 40000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.