Newly Weds® Foods is a leading, privately owned global food ingredients business and has been innovating since 1932. The European division is a market leader in the manufacture of coatings, seasonings and functional ingredient systems.
Today, Newly Weds® Foods is a world leader in food ingredient technology. A network of R&D, manufacturing and service facilities around the globe allows us to serve our customers’ needs in more than 68 countries. But despite our size and scope, we’ve continued to be an independent, family-owned business answerable only to the demands of our customers. That’s why we continue to invest in infrastructure, human resources and capacity to keep pace with our customers’ needs and expectations.
We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated, proactive and driven individual to work as a Quality Systems Manager. Reporting into the Site Quality Manager you will be responsible for the management of the site Quality Management System documentation and audits to ensure compliance with site, customer and third party assurance scheme requirements for Food Safety and Quality, as well as identify opportunities for continuous improvements. You will also be responsible for improving compliance systems, strengthen quality awareness and investigate quality issues using applicable process improvement and problem solving techniques to assure successful outcomes of Company inspections. You will also manage and facilitate external auditors as well as customers and third parties, reviewing non-conformances from internal and external audits in order to identify areas of improvement. You will be required to prepare, maintain and update the internal audit plan for the Quality Management System and ensure that all internal audits are undertaken, completed and closed within agreed timescales. Managing and supporting the internal audit team is also a part of this role along with management of complaints, including investigations and response to the customer and assistance with responding to customer queries.
- Manage and facilitate external auditors including customers and third parties
- Keep up-to date with all third-party requirements including BRC, RSPCA and RSPO etc. and arrange and manage all third-party audits and EHO/TSO visits.
- Audit preparation and customer code of practice review including implementation of the necessary procedures to be compliant
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of all policies and procedures that form the Quality Management System to ensure that the business fulfils its requirements and the requirements of our customers.
- Prepare, maintain and update the internal audit plan for the Quality Management System and ensure that all internal audits are undertaken, completed and closed within agreed timescales. Including managing and supporting the internal audit team.
- Reviewing non-conformances from internal and external audits in order to identify areas of improvement.
- Manage the audit close out actions to ensure evidenced and completed on time
- Management of complaints including investigations and response to the customer
- Deputise for the Site Quality Manager a long side the Quality Supervisor
- Run the internal audit system and be a trained auditor
- Support the QA team and help respond to customer queries
- Attend meetings as requested including daily, HACCP Meeting, Management review etc. Continuous Improvement of all sections of the QMS System
- Undertake additional work as required by the Quality Manager and other members of the senior management team.
The above duties and responsibilities are not exhaustive.You will be required, directed by your line manager to accept changes in responsibility or duties within the department or other areas of the plant, subject to suitable knowledge or training.
Successful candidates should be educated to degree level or equivalent, ideally within Food Sciences and will have previous experience of working within an FMCG environment, ideally food. Candidates are required to hold a Level 3 HACCP and Food Safety, internal audit training, experience of 3rd party audits and knowledge of BRC version 8. Candidates are required to have a strong working knowledge and previous experience of managing Quality Systems & Food Assurance Standards and knowledge of Retailer Food Safety especially M&S and other retailers, Product Integrity Standards, with previous experience of HACCP, VACCP & TACCP. The ability to work collaboratively within a team and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills is essential to this role, as well as the ability to communicate effectively at all levels. Individuals must be able to prioritise their workload and work effectively when under pressure, as working to tight deadlines is part of this role. As well as a creative thinker individuals should possess strong analytical skills, attention to detail as well as a sound and comprehensive knowledge of IT packages. Candidates should hold a passion for delivering results, ability to adapt to business demands and committed to business and personal development.
Hours of work
This is a day staff position, working a basic 37.5 hour week, Monday to Friday, however due to nature of this role you will need to demonstrate a certain amount of flexibility.
The role offers a competitive salary and other benefits associated with a large, successful business including:
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Annual Bonus (discretionary)
- Entry into Medicash Health Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year plus Statutory Holidays
- Gift Voucher at Christmas
- Summer BBQ
- Free On-site parking.
Newly Weds Foods is a well-established, innovative and forward thinking business who is looking for dynamic and self-motivated individuals to join the Company. So, if you are seeking an exciting and challenging opportunity to, join a globally successfully business, then this may be the position for you.
How to Apply
Anyone wishing to apply for the above position should do so in writing with an up to date CV and covering letter stating why you would like to apply for this position, and outlining any relevant skills and experience. Applications to email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 25th October 2019