Newly Weds® Foods is a leading, privately owned global food ingredients business and has been innovating since 1932. The European division is a market leader in the manufacture of coatings, seasonings and functional ingredient systems.
Today, Newly Weds® Foods is a world leader in food ingredient technology. A network of R&D, manufacturing and service facilities around the globe allows us to serve our customers’ needs in more than 68 countries. But despite our size and scope, we’ve continued to be an independent, family-owned business answerable only to the demands of our customers. That’s why we continue to invest in infrastructure, human resources and capacity to keep pace with our customers’ needs and expectations.
We are seeking to recruit a highly motivated, proactive and driven individual to work as a Hygiene Manager. Reporting into the Site Quality Manager you will be responsible for the continuous improvement of the sites Hygiene Management systems, ensuring food safety and compliance in accordance with legislation and customer requirements, namely M&S Code of Practice. You will be responsible for ensuring high standards of factory hygiene and cleanliness without affecting the safety of products or manufacturing efficiencies. The role covers all aspects of cleaning and hygiene from short term daily duties, including weekly, monthly and periodic cleaning frequencies. The depth and scope includes duties ranging from batch surface contact sanitization through to full equipment strip down and deep cleans. You will promote and champion continuous improvement to maximise operational effectiveness and efficiencies through the development of people, processes and systems. You will identify opportunities for continuous improvements being responsible for improving compliance, strengthening awareness and investigating hygiene issues using applicable process improvement and problem solving techniques to assure successful outcomes of Company inspections.
- Manage and facilitate external auditors including customers and third parties
- Development of Cleaning Instruction Cards in line with best practice and customer requirements
- Management of the hygiene system
- Conduct pest awareness training on site
- Conduct core training on site
- Ensure all allergen validation and allergen verification is completed to schedule
- Ensure all environmental swabbing is conducted according to schedule and any out of specification results actioned
- Ensure all ATP Swabbing is carried out according to schedule and any Out of Spec results are actioned
- Conduct all cleaning validations
- Manage the pest control system and ensure all actions from visits are completed on time
- Ensure all hygiene audits are completed and any actions are completed
- Ensure all chemical titrations are completed.
- Conduct chemical training on site
- Ensure all updates to the QMS are conducted in relation to change in systems
- Ensure all hygiene operatives are trained in their role and paperwork completion
- Order all chemicals
- Manage and order equipment needed for cleaning on site
- Manage the Laundry contract and ensure they are audited according to schedule
- Conduct any audit preparation that is needed
- Review any Codes of Practice that are updated from customers or BRC
- Issue factory concessions around cleaning and hygiene
- Any other task as deemed appropriate from manager
The above duties and responsibilities are not exhaustive.You will be required, directed by your line manager to accept changes in responsibility or duties within the department or other areas of the plant, subject to suitable knowledge or training.
Successful candidates should be educated to degree level or equivalent, ideally within Food Sciences and will have previous experience of working within an FMCG or Processing environment, within a Hygiene Management Role, ideally food. Candidates are required to hold Level 3 minimum in HACCP, COSHH and Food Safety, and have experience of 3rd party audits and knowledge of BRC version 8. Candidates are required to have a strong working knowledge and previous experience of the UK Food Manufacturing sector alongside knowledge of Retailer Food Safety especially M&S and other retailers. The ability to work collaboratively within a team and demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills is essential to this role, as well as the ability to communicate effectively at all levels. Individuals must be able to prioritise their workload and work effectively when under pressure, as working to tight deadlines is part of this role. As well as a creative thinker individuals should possess strong analytical skills, attention to detail as well as a sound and comprehensive knowledge of IT packages. Candidates should hold a passion for delivering results, ability to adapt to business demands and committed to business and personal development.
Hours of work
This is a day staff position, working a basic 37.5 hour week, Monday to Friday, however due to nature of this role you will need to demonstrate a certain amount of flexibility.
The role offers a competitive salary and other benefits associated with a large, successful business including:
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Annual Bonus (discretionary)
- Entry into Medicash Health Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year plus Statutory Holidays
- Gift Voucher at Christmas
- Summer BBQ
- Free On-site parking.
Newly Weds Foods is a well-established, innovative and forward thinking business who is looking for dynamic and self-motivated individuals to join the Company. So, if you are seeking an exciting and challenging opportunity to, join a globally successfully business, then this may be the position for you.
How to Apply
Anyone wishing to apply for the above position should do so in writing with an up to date CV and covering letter stating why you would like to apply for this position, and outlining any relevant skills and experience. Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 25th October 2019