IT Applications Support Technician
Main Purpose of the Job:
To promote the availability, performance, security, effective provisioning, installation / configuration, operation and maintenance of assigned applications.
- Perform regular system monitoring to verifying the integrity and availability of appropriate software resources and processes for users.
- Perform regular security and performance monitoring activity, implementing and responding to established alerts, to quickly identify possible intrusions and performance issues.
- Participate, as needed, in incident resolution; including identification, diagnosis and root cause analysis ensuring rapid resolution and minimal impact on services and data integrity.
- Actively and openly communicate risks, operational problems and incidents accurately ascertaining business impact and escalating where appropriate.
- Respond to request for support in a timely fashion to meet overall service levels ensure the quality of customer service.
- Follow appropriate controls over configuration and change, maintaining the appropriate level of documentation, to ensure adherence to common process and reference resources are created to describe application changes.
- Identifying gaps in services and highlighting underlying performance, recommending solutions where known, to contribute to the improvement of services.
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing c. 11,800 colleagues across 16 manufacturing sites we supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
- A demonstrated aptitude and interest in IT developed in an IT focused group or organisation
- Good phone skills and an ability to provide technical support over the phone
- Good problem solving skills and techniques
- Ability to switch between tasks and multi task effectively during peak times
- Experience working within a multi-site organisation or Group
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.
About the company