Assistant Technical Manager
Our client is a privately owned multi-site food manufacturer. From their largest manufacturing site, they are seeking an Assistant Technical Manager.
Spending 70% of their time in the production environment, they will manage their QC teams across all shifts to ensure that all customer and Brand specifications are met in full. As part of this, they will develop, improve and implement all quality assurance record keeping and customer facing technical Safety and Quality Systems at the site. This will also encompass the implementation of brand protection and new legislative changes. As an expert in customer quality requirements and systems management, and as part of their customer-facing role, they will deputise for the Technical manager.
- Excellent communication skills – all formats and all levels (verbal, written and including internal and external customers/ visitors)
- Food safety and quality system theory and implementation
- Knowledge of methods of customer systems
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Skills in handling and resolving problems effectively
- Proven ability to work with colleagues across the business to deliver customer focussed results.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with tasks without supervision.
- IT proficiency to assist with jobs and analyse data
- Audit assessor
- Managerial skills
- Educated to a high level (degree preferred) in a science related discipline
- Experience of Customer/ retail systems
- Food safety/ HACCP level 3 minimum or equivalent
- Good working standard of Microsoft office.
- Experience in quality assurance/ quality control/ environmental standards/ organic production systems
- Pleasant manner; Good team worker, Practical and pragmatic with a positive “can do” attitude
What’s on offer?
- A starting salary of up to £26,000.
- 31 days annual leave, inclusive of statutory.
- Contributory pension.
- Monday to Friday 08.00 – 16.30 working hours.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated professional. If you are interested in this position, please send a copy of your most recent CV to Simon Norris.