So, what will I be doing?
As Buildings & Utilities Manager, you will be joining the Engineering team in a distinctive, ambitious and trusted manufacturing company that is committed to making great British dairy the right way. Forever.
Supporting the Site Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for managing the Engineering staff, Contractors and 3rd party providers on site, in their day to day activities to ensure they meet high standards, defined specifications and all Health and Safety requirements.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Health and Safety department to deliver safe working practices for Buildings and Utilities contractors and 3rd party providers in line with company requirements
- Ensuring high standards of food safety and quality are met, monitored and maintained in all aspects of department activity with suitable operational controls and measures in place through engaged GMP routines and maintenance practices
- Supporting the delivery and growth of a high performing team through effectively coaching, mentoring and managing personal development, succession planning, effective task training
- Delivering department strategic plans, team structures, improvement programmes and project activity
- Supporting the scoping and delivery of capital expenditure, continuous improvement and change initiatives throughout the Buildings and Utilities department and site
- Implementing, leading and supporting department / cross functional meetings to monitor, improve and report performance
- Owning the Buildings and Utilities maintenance systems to ensure effective performance and legal compliance
- Embedding problem solving techniques and cost reduction plans to prevent, detect and eliminate faults, abnormalities and inefficiencies
- Supporting the senior management team through effective engagement, communication and delivery of business work streams and initiatives
Sounds interesting, what do I need?
- Excellent understanding of energy / renewable technologies
- Experience of working within a manufacturing plant
- Good active network in energy reduction and its application
- Demonstrable Engineering Compliance including PUWER, LOLER, PSSR, LEV, EaWR, DSEAR/ATEX
- Experience of developing and driving high standards of Health and Safety implementation
- Clear understanding of Condition Based Monitoring (CBM) principles
- Ability to effectively liaise with external parties (customers, suppliers, contractors)
- Able to successfully manage projects
- Full understanding and experience of Computer Maintenance Management Systems(e.g. PEMAC)
- Experience of managing and owning department budget
- ISO5001 Energy Management implementation
- Safety management qualification (NEBOSH or equivalent)
- Ability to manage environmental systems – to maintain ISO14001
- Knowledge of services as required – electricity, gas, steam, refrigeration, effluent
Why should I join the family?
At Yeo Valley we are independent, British and proud to be making the highest quality yogurts, desserts and ice cream under the Yeo Valley brand and for many of the UKs major retailers. Operating from four dairies and two logistics centres in Somerset and Devon, we employ over 1700 staff and produce more than 25% of the UK’s packaged yogurt.
We’re sure you don’t need convincing, but there’s a whole host of benefits that we offer including: 25 days’ holiday, plus bank holidays, pension scheme, healthcare, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, subsidised products and services and preferable rates with our partners.
Please bear in mind that our closing dates are used as a guide for when the application window is expected to close. We reserve the right to close the application window sooner than the date displayed if we can. We therefore recommend that you get your application in straight away – and don’t miss the opportunity to join us.