- Devise, implement and periodically review the site sanitation programme (to include master cleaning schedules, SOPs, risk assessments etc.) to ensure Company hygiene standards are met, maintained and improved. This covers both equipment and fabric.
- Validate and optimise cleaning systems (for fabric as well as new and existing equipment).
- Report on Hygiene KPIs to the wider management team, highlighting and leading corrective actions to drive improved standards.
- Maintain and improve all documented hygiene systems.
- Actively involved with the site environmental monitoring systems, including corrective actions for non-conforming results.
- Manage site hygiene audit programmes, including corrective actions for non-conformances.
- Manage the training, development and performance review for Hygiene team. This will ensure that all team members are competent to perform their roles within the Hygiene structure.
- Support capital/ CI / food safety projects relating to Hygiene. Act as the key enabler to drive through improved / optimised systems and procedures.
- Lead periodic reviews with the site chemical supplier.
- Act as first point of contact for trouble shooting activities and for on-going technical support for Operational teams to drive through improved hygiene & factory standards.
- Be actively involved in third-party audits and in the site HACCP programme.
- Provide Technical support for the investigation and resolution of customer complaints (where appropriate) to identify root cause(s), corrective actions and prevent recurrence of the issues.
- Ensure effective monitoring and management of allocated budgets.
- Ensure full compliance with Company Quality, Food Safety, Health & Safety and Environmental requirements.
•Food based degree and/or relevant experience
•Hygiene Management Qualification
•Advanced food hygiene certification
Experience & Personality:
•Relevant experience of Hygiene Management in a food manufacturing environment
•Solid grounding in CIP systems
•Knowledge and experience of BRC, HACCP including allergen management programmes
•Knowledge and experience of environmental monitoring systems and listeria risk management
•Proven people management & leadership skills
•Must be able to demonstrate a sound Scientific and Methodical approach to problem solving
•Eye for detail and auditing skills
•Be a team player with a “hands on” approach
•Can win people over and drive change
•Organisational and strong communication skills
•Ability to work well under pressure
•Flexible and confident character
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 11,000 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Kamis and Galeo.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LBGT employer.