Our client are a multi-site manufacturing business specialising in the supply of animal feed into the agricultural markets. They are a business where service is at the heart of everything they do and with five UK sites and over 250 employees they operate to the highest standards set for product quality, with a specialist production team monitoring output ensuring zero or minimal mill downtime.
We are currently recruiting for an experienced, electrically bias maintenance engineer to work a four on four off shift at the plant in Bawsey, Kings Lynn. The purpose of the role is to carry out all aspects of plant maintenance and repair to ensure the effective and efficient operations of the mills production and intake systems, in order to minimise downtime and deliver business objectives.
My client are keen to recruit the right individual into the team not only someone who has the right engineering skillset, but also the right attitude and outlook to fit their culture, meaning any experience level will be considered for the role coupled with the right attitude to want to learn and progress.
- Proactively carry out all aspects of plant maintenance to a planned schedule, seeking solutions where abnormalities occur to prevent a negative impact on production and quality standards
- Liaise with production team to address breakdowns or interruptions to production, dealing promptly with any issues and escalate where necessary
- Ensure all relevant maintenance records are accurately recorded to ensure compliance and ensure a safe working environment
- Drive continuous improvement, reviewing current methodology and opportunities to improve mills efficiency, safety, quality and performance
Required Skills & Experience:
- Qualification/Apprenticeship in a relevant field (Essential)
- Have significant, proven experience in a manufacturing environment with an electrical bias or as a minimum 50/50 (Mechanical/Electrical)
- Experience within the Chemical/FMCG industries would be beneficial
- Be a coded welder (Ideal, not essential)
- Be organised, proactive and have an ‘out of the box’ approach to get the job done
- 17th Edition
- Any controls or systems knowledge is advantageous i.e. PLCs, Mitsubishi, Scada etc.
In return my client are offering an enhanced salary and benefits package.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter to Stuart Tomkinson or, alternatively, submit your application via the link below.