Reporting into the site Factory General Manager, this role is responsible for the Technical Governance of the Sherburn site through the implementation of robust systems for Food Safety, Integrity, Quality & Legality Client Details
- Manage a QA team in monitoring the quality of raw materials, packaging in process product and finished product through chemical, microbiological and sensory analysis using HACCP principles to accredited methods where possible.
- Development and maintenance of robust process control procedures.
- Deliver a programme of process audits to verify process control procedures.
- Ensure Customer Technical requirements are well communicated throughout business
- Proactively develop systems to engineer out potential food safety/quality issues
- Act as site technical contact for all customers and external bodies e.g. EHO and Trading Standards
- Monitor site quality and food safety performance and provide visibility to business through formal reporting of daily, weekly and monthly KPI'S e.g. complaints, Quality panels, audits and product on hold
- Drive reduction in customer complaints through monitoring, reporting and agreed action plans with manufacturing team
- Investigate quality and food safety incidents to determine root cause and work with colleagues to implement correct and preventative action
- Provide accurate and timely product information to the factory floor including product specifications, packing specifications, photographic standards and Quality Attribute sheets to the manufacturing teams.
- Maintain system to monitor all process, quality & food safety documentation to ensure compliance to specification and maintenance of traceability.
- Communicate effectively with team through regular, formal briefings and team meetings.
- Carry out regular performance reviews with the technical team.
- Manage, monitor and control costs within budgeted requirements.
- Reporting of non-conformances from internal and external audits and follow-up with relevant departments.
- Management of hold system to ensure held product is assessed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Work with engineering and project teams to ensure site is developed in line with HACCP and GMP requirements.
- Coach and train manufacturing teams in personal hygiene and Good Manufacturing Practice requirements.
- Work with other sites to develop & implement common systems.
- Comply with all Company policies as contained in the Company handbook.
- Act in a safe manner at all times in line with Company policies.
- Follow any reasonable instruction or carry out any reasonable task given to you by a Director and other members of The Board of Directors or management team.
- BSc Food Science, Food Technology or equivalent
Please ask for further details