Assistant Product Development Managers
Competitive salary, bonus and benefits
This is an exciting time to join Nomad Foods, Europe’s largest frozen food manufacturer. We’ve now entered our 3rd year of consecutive growth and with recent acquisitions of iconic brands Goodfella’s and Aunt Bessie’s we are going from strength to strength.
Due to this growth, we are expanding our Research and Development team and have openings for Assistant Product Development Managers at our European HQ based near Heathrow and Lowestoft in Suffolk.
These key roles will be responsible for delivering R&D tasks within the design or implementation stages of the new product development process with some specific responsibilities covering:
- Maintaining awareness of consumer habits, practices, usage, needs and preference drivers within the allocated product area
- Gaining knowledge of key ingredients, supply chains and manufacturing processes through conducting trials and regular contact with suppliers, procurement and supply units
- Technical project management of straightforward NPD & EPD projects (e.g. a new variant) in accordance with the agreed procedures to ensure successful and timely delivery of the projects
- Build and maintain strong relationships with colleagues in R&D and other functions (Marketing, Supply Chain, TQS, Procurement etc.)
- Collation and the reporting of accurate technical data
- Maintaining a constant awareness of competitor activity
Applicants will hold a food science/nutrition qualification and/or have previous food product development experience managing NPD from concept to launch. Previous FMCG/frozen/savoury food experience would be a distinct advantage.
A passion for food is essential and the role requires the ability to “self-start” and work independently with minimum supervision. Some travelling will also be required.