Our client is a leading food manufacturer, operating within the chilled arena. The organisation is going through a period of strong growth. The business is currently seeking to recruit a highly talented General Manager for one of their manufacturing sites.
- The newly appointed GM will first and foremost bring focused leadership to the site.
- Reporting to the Operations Director, the role is a key member of the leadership team.
- As well as direct operational responsibilities, they will also lead the cross-functional site leadership team, ensuring alignment of objectives to achieve outstanding quality, team engagement and a culture of continuous improvement to establish the site as a world class operation.
- They will be a first-class communicator and ensure that people at all levels of the business understand the strategic vision and direction as well as the day-to-day tactical challenges.
- The new General Manager will assertively and proactively drive forward the many quality initiatives but also take ownership for driving out unnecessary cost.
- They will also proactively develop current and future investment opportunities that ensure the business continues to enjoy clear blue water between the products they produce and those of the competition.
- A senior level Operations background and a proven track record in delivering long-term change within a fast-paced, dynamic, chilled food organisation.
- The intellectual gravitas to analyse a broad range of complex problems and distil these down to a clear and structured strategy and plan.
- Strong people management, able to drive change
- A positive and engaging style, able to build rapport with all levels of the organisation and engender a positive and collaborative way of working.
Based South West