This position would suit an experienced QA with practical experience in the food industry.
- To manage QA Assistant and ensure routine daily QA checks are carried out in line with company procedures.
- Ensure product traceability is achieved through maintenance of process control paperwork.
- Ensure actions arising from internal/external audits and complaint investigations are fully implemented.
- Support Technical Manager in product quality and food safety related investigations.
- Key Involvement in EHO / TSO visits and BRC/Retailer audits.
- Investigation and root cause analysis of customer Complaints
- Management of QA product holds & review of hold area within warehouse
- Investigation and close out of supplier non-conformances
- Investigation and root cause analysis of internal non-conformances
- Communication of customer complaint and non-conformances.
- Management of Internal & External Calibrations
- Carry out QA training within the factory (CCP Metal detection, QAS, QA Procedural training)
- Management of internal Audit schedule to ensure adherence to retailer codes of practice.
- Conduct regular review of traceability system to ensure full trace is achievable within a 4 hour period.
- Documentation of finished product & raw material concession requests
- Responsible for day to day management of QA Assistant
The candidate must have:
- Excellent IT skills.
- Confident and articulate.
- Able to communicate well with members of staff at all levels.
- Organised and methodical.
- Enjoys a challenge and can deliver under pressure.
- Able to work on their own initiative.
The hours would be either 6 - 2.30 pm or 8 - 4.30 pm, some flexibility would be required with hours during busy periods. Generally the current team rotate weekly. Holidays are 25 days and 8 Bank holidays.
Must be flexible as shifts may change to suit the needs of the business.
Indicative Salary Range: £21000 - 24000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.