Quality Manager (9-12 month contract) Cantonese/Mandarin Speaker
- To manage technical standards across all three sites to ensure that food safety, legality and quality standards are met at all times.
- To manage site audits conducted by customers, statutory bodies, third party audit and internal audits in an efficient and timely manner.
- To keep up to date with any legislative changes relating to food and notify all relevant parties.
- To develop, manage, motivate, coach and lead members of the technical team, ensuring compliance to statutory and company requirements are met.
- To be the HACCP team leader and maintain effective HACCP systems.
- To manage complaints, ensuring that they are managed and responded to in a timely manner.
- To manage supplier performance and the approval of new suppliers of ingredients and packaging.
- To ensure up to date product specifications exist for all products and work with suppliers to ensure the accuracy and legality of information provided.
- To participate in the NPD process to provide technical input.
- To develop a strong relationship with customers and be able to present and promote technical excellence.
- To check and approve artworks and they comply with current legislation.
- To coordinate product testing through a sampling programme to verify product quality and safety.
- Degree or equivalent in a food science discipline is preferred
- Technical supervisor/assistant manager/quality assurance role experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of HACCP and BRC
- Ability to prioritise work objectives
- Up to date knowledge of food legislation and its interpretation
- Excellent management skills
- Mandarin or Cantonese essential