Electrical bias Maintenance Engineer
Electrical bias Maintenance Engineer -
Working four on and four off days and nights shift - Paying £43,000 - Nuneaton
Working for a leading food packaging company who offer exceptional benefits and a great working environment
Purpose of Job
Proactively maintain, develop and support all food packing plant, control systems and associated equipment to agreed standards and with due regard for health and safety to drive equipment reliability.
- Develops, maintains an integrated food packing operation to agreed health and safety, quality, engineering and technical standards
- Optimises line performance to meet and exceed Key performance indicators in the areas of equipment reliability and efficiency
- Carries our planned maintenance activities
- Write and Implement software changes to drive operational performance
- Analyses line performance data and takes appropriate action to improve performance.
- Participates and leads continuous improvement activities and problem solving to improve performance
- Ensures appropriate information is captured on plant performance, maintenance activities to drive a predictive approach to tasks and to prevent equipment failures.
- Conducts safety, quality and GMP inspections/ audits and recommends appropriate action.
- Coaches team members to carry out asset care and condition monitoring tasks
- Advanced fault finding techniques for PLC controllers and SCADA systems
- Maintains the operations plant control systems and monitors the Building Management Services system.
- The shift cover role will be expected to cover holidays and sickness across 2 shifts of the engineering team as instructed by the engineering management team.
- Your shift pattern will cover a 24/7-rota pattern, which will require you to work weekends and bank holidays on a rostered basis. Currently the shift pattern is 4 on 4 off, 12.25hrs shifts, Days and nights rotating, but could change subject to business need. As part of this role you will be expected to cover holidays and sickness across 2 shifts of the engineering team. We will seek to give you at least 2 weeks-notice for planned cover as instructed by the engineering management team. In the event of sickness or other business need we may require you to switch within your shifts at short notice
Knowledge & Experience Required
- The incumbent must be qualified to a minimum HNC or above in a Multi Skilled Engineering discipline with good experience in electrical controls engineering, knowledgeable on electrical equipment and systems with a fundamental knowledge of mechanical systems.
- Ability to carry out advanced fault finding of PLC controllers is essential. PLC programming would be advantageous but not essential.
- It is essential the incumbent can work as part of a team.
- Previous experience within a food-processing environment would be desirable but not essential.
Great benefits to include:-
Attractive pension scheme
Discounted branded products
25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
Discounted gym membership
Due to the level of applications we receive if you do not hear from us within 7 days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.