Health & Safety Manager
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an award winning and leading chilled foods business. Our client is seeking H&S professional to promote, development and champion a safe legal surroundings for its valued members of staff.
- Advise all senior management of the relevant health and safety legislation which applies to the company’s activities and the implications of such legislation.
- Develop and implement a H&S plan which satisfies company, legal and site requirements and drive continuous improvement.
- Carry out risk assessments, H&S audits and inspections.
- Monitor, co-ordinate and report accidents and near miss statistics to the company and where necessary to the enforcing authorities defined under the current regulations.
- Organise and co-ordinate visits to site by the enforcing authority (HSE) and other third parties, as necessary.
- Lead the timely completion of accident and near miss investigations.
- Assist the HR team to develop and implement wellbeing strategies to improve the health of the business and its employees.
- Experience of a manufacturing operation.
- Solid experience in Health & Safety management.
- Good communication skills to allow clear communication to all levels of the business.
- A passion for achieving good results.
- A positive attitude especially in the face of adversity.
- Ability to work under pressure within a high performance, fast moving environment.
- Good team player and communicator.
- Open to new ideas, technologies and willing to challenge the status quo in an influencing way.