You have the chance to join a market leading organisation in an exciting, interactive role. As the Maintenance Engineer (mechanically biased) you will be working with electro-mechanical equipment, supporting the site in driving OEE. This role is initially on a 12 month interim basis.
This market leading company manufacturer an array of specialist FMCG products & as the Maintenance Engineer you will be instrumental in ensuring their equipment is as efficient as possible. The Manufacturing process is complex using high-value capital equipment & it involves a mix of mechanical, electrical and process engineering technologies.
As the Maintenance Engineer you will be carrying out both planned and reactive maintenance, working as part of an established engineering team & working collaboratively with the operations department.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- To carry out both planned and reactive maintenance on complex mechanical systems and process equipment including pneumatic and hydraulic controls.
- To diagnose and repair failures of process plant and be familiar with preventative maintenance programs and current regulatory requirements regarding.
- Review and evaluation of maintenance tasks providing technical advice and solutions for equipment issues.
- Maintaining equipment and assets in a safe, compliant and reliable order.
- To participate on improvement teams such as reliability centred maintenance or energy reduction initiatives.
- Routinely Coaches and Mentors Other Technicians and apprentices within the maintenance team.
- Communicate the results of assigned technical tasks through work order and shift hand over reporting.
- Maintain awareness of plant and department risk assessments, hazard cards and safe operating procedures whilst adhering to recommended control measures.
- Understand Environmental Health & Safety (EHS) and engineering legislation.
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO WORK ON A 3 SHIFT ROTATION (6:00 - 14:00 / 14:00 - 22:00 / 10:00 - 18:00)
A Maintenance Engineer/Technician with a mechanical bias & experience within a fast-paced manufacturing environment and the following:
- A time served apprentice trained or appropriate engineering qualification (ideally ONC/HNC/ NVQ level 3 or equivalent)
- Ability to work effectively within a team is essential, we are looking for a confident individual with strong communication skills and good attention to detail
- Working knowledge of SAP is desirable but not essential
Circa £23 - £30 per hour