Quality Supervisor - Poultry processing
Gafoor Limited specialises in the farming, processing and distribution of Red Tractor certified and Halal certified poultry products to Blue chip food manufacturers and wholesale Halal distributors. The manufacturing site is BRC grade AA.
With over 50 years of customer focused experience the company stands today as one of the UK’s long established-reliable poultry processors. The independently owned family business operates from a purpose-built modern plant producing fresh-quality, just-in-time chicken for our customers base. Significant plans are in place for progressive investment in the sites manufacturing capacity.
Gafoor Limited seeking a Quality Supervisor to supervise the daily operations for a busy poultry processing manufacturing site.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, this role is responsible for auditing and promoting compliance with quality and food safety procedures, providing support and guidance to the operational teams where required and ensuring standards are in line with business needs and customer requirements. The role will also involve creation of SOPs and manufacturing records where necessary.
- Metrics reporting relating to GMP audits
- Development of food safety culture across site
- Compliance with site certifications and customer requirements
- Label checks, metal detection, start-up and ongoing verification on the line
- Creation and amendment of company quality documentation
- Train out technical procedures and SOP’s to relevant employees
- Integrity audits, Glass audits, CCP audits, Traceability audits, Allergen audits, mass balance exercise and all other daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly tasks as per the schedule
- Logging of non-conformances on the system and monitoring the completion of follow up action
- Support with complaint investigations
- Calibrations to include scale, probes, bar code scanner
- Attendance and interaction during scheduled Technical Meetings
- To provide support for all visits and external audits where applicable
- Working knowledge of HACCP, BRC Standards and Food Legislation
- Good understanding of the food industry and its requirements
- Food related degree advantageous.
- CIEH Food Hygiene and CIEH HACCP advantageous
- Internal auditor qualification advantageous
- Good communicator with strong oral and written communication abilities
- Ability to carry out specific tasks with minimum level of supervision
- Competitive salary
- Career Progression and Development
- Opportunity to be part of a growing business