Weekend Operations Team Leader
Position : Weekend Operations Team Leader
Base : Littleborough
Shifts: Weekend Day Shift (Saturday – Sunday, 12 hour shifts 6am- 6pm + Monday and Friday, 6-hour shifts) Weekend Night Shift (Friday, Saturday, Sunday, 12 hour shifts 6pm-6am)
Would you like to become a part of a leading organisation that brings the Joy of Flavour to Life and makes Every Meal and Moment Better?
We are currently looking for Weekend Operations Team Leader to join our team. Do you find yourself well in a fast paced, international work environment?
If so, you might be the person we are looking for! Our growth starts with yours.
- Ensure professional people management in line with our High Performing Organisation (HPO) standards and Performance Management processes, creating and deploying business aligned goals which contribute to high levels of employee engagement.
- Adhering to Health & Safety practices, with a focus on behavioural safety; ensuring teams operate within our ‘safe systems of work’. Driving root cause corrective actions for all identified risks and ensuring close out.
- Promotion and delivery of world class manufacturing practices (GMP) and ‘5s’ workplace organization. Coaching and mentoring to ensure consistency across all individual teams.
- Meet and surpass all external and internal audit standards, working with the quality department to ensure all required quality and food safety standards are met and all appropriate Quality documentation is completed in full.
- Manage relevant key performance indicators utilizing the Journey to Excellence programme techniques and toolkit. Focus on cost, organizational losses and loss reduction, to maintain and surpass production targets.
- Maintain Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) and process control sheets in compliance with Quality Management Systems, ensuring comprehensive training is provided to all individuals within the Operations Team.
- A minimum of 5 years people leadership and management experience. Working with teams of around 30-40 individuals.
- Experience within a fast-paced manufacturing environment, with evidence of steady progression through increasingly responsible roles.
- FMCG experience essential, Food industry experience preferred.
- Evidence of Mechanical or Engineering aptitude preferred.
- Skills of informed decision-making, with the confidence and drive to make a positive difference to work environment.
- Demonstrate effective organizational skills - a must in this fast-paced manufacturing facility, as are sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to analyse and present accurate statistical data to a broad range of individuals.
- Knowledge of LEAN tools, TPM, Six Sigma would be an advantage.
- Good computer literacy skills, able to utilize Word, Excel and PowerPoint to a high standard (SAP would be an advantage).
- Good literacy and numeracy skills, e.g. English and Maths O’ level / GCSE equivalent.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 11,000 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center (job req. n°71290).
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LBGT employer.