Our client, a Prepared Foods Manufacturer based in Nottinghamshire, is looking to appoint a Compliance Manager to manage the site’s customer facing technical systems and documentation. You will be providing information to internal departments and customers as well as contributing to the efficient running of the production facility, providing a troubleshooting service as required.
As a key member of the Technical Team, responsibilities for the role will include:
- Maintaining all customer specification portals ensuring all information is up to date and accurate.
- Acting as main point of contact for all customer queries regarding specifications.
- Checking and approving product artwork, packaging and labelling in accordance with customer requirements and current legislation.
- Managing the following areas: packaging & labelling, specifications and raw material control
- Providing customers with technical information as required.
- Assisting the Quality Manager with the management of quality systems, Quality Manual, internal auditing and the promotion of Good Manufacturing Practice.
- Working with the Technical Manager to develop and manage HACCP, and standards & controls for new and existing products and deputising as required.
- Regular contact with raw material suppliers and customers.
- Communication with artwork agencies, enforcement authorities and 3rd party auditors.
- Liaising with NPD to ensure submission, specification, and artwork requirements for NPD projects are completed within the agreed deadlines.
Essential / Desirable skills include:
- Auditing experience working within the BRC
- Recent experience supplying major retailers including knowledge of customer codes of practice.
- Educated to graduate level in food science, food technology or similar relevant discipline.
- Sound understanding of customer online specification systems
- Experience in a technical department of a frozen or chilled food manufacturer.
- Experience of dealing with internal and external customer at all levels
- Food is the Company’s passion and they take great pride in sharing that with the world
- They are always on the lookout for pure and natural ingredients, where they strongly believe in ‘less is more’
- They like to create a fun and positive environment which spills over into the products they make, the way they work and the way they interact with each other.
- Leaving the planet a better place for generations to come is core to their beliefs and they play their part towards sustainable living.
The role offers a salary of £32 – 36k depending in experience with 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and a pension of up to 5%. The working hours are Monday to Thursday 8.30am – 4.30pm & Friday 8.30am – 4pm
If you feel you would thrive in a culture working cross-functionally to effect change and you can analyse what needs to be done and then help to deliver this, then this could be the next move for you. If you are interested, please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4403 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.
Summary (150 characters or less)
Prepared Foods Manufacturer seeks Compliance Manager with experience of customer-facing technical systems including major retailer online specifications.