Assessment Manager – Certification (Food & Farm Sectors)
UKAS is seeking an experienced and dynamic individual to work as an Assessment Manager for food and allied sectors, incorporating areas such as food packaging as well as farming, including animal welfare.
The post primarily involves the management and assessment of product certification customers but also cases relating to management systems certification and food chain inspections under UKAS accreditation. It encompasses assessment visit and project planning, leading assessments, technical assessment and reporting, using a range of proven tools and techniques but with an openness to innovation. The role also involves contributing to the shaping of UKAS policies in related areas and interaction with stakeholders, including certification scheme owners.
This is a challenging and satisfying role, providing the opportunity to work in the public interest for one of the world’s leaders in accreditation.
It is expected that the successful applicant will exhibit:
- Clearly expressed knowledge of the application of product certification schemes and quality management systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, being able to effectively communicate with staff, management and customers at all levels.
- A comprehensive and relevant background and education.
- An enthusiasm and belief in modern food safety and/or animal welfare philosophy and practice.
- Experience of auditing or assessment techniques with a value-added approach.
Ideally, we are looking for:
- Degree or equivalent in a food, agriculture or bio-science related discipline.
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in the food chain or related sectors, with a base knowledge of a range of food processing technologies and/or food-related manufacturing techniques.
- Successful completion of a recognised course in HACCP, based on the principles of Codex Alimentarius.
- Desirably, previous experience of auditing or assessment.
The Assessment Manager is a focal point for customers and the key focus of the role is to meet their reasonable accreditation expectations with objectivity, diligence and excellent customer service. The assessment work will comprise an appropriate blend of management system and technical work according to the skill set of the applicant.
Extensive UK travel with overnight stays and some overseas travel is required as part of this role.
To apply for this role please click the apply button