Head of Poultry Farming Operations
Do you have demonstratable production management experience?
Can you develop and implement operational strategies?
Do you possess strong data analysis and interpersonal skills?
MacGregor Black is currently collaborating with a market-leading poultry breeding group, on a strategic and pivotal search for a Head of Poultry Farming Operations. This is a Full-Time permanent role, based in Scotland.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, the Head of Poultry Farming Operations will be responsible for the development and implementation of the operational strategy for the GP Farming Operations within the company.
- Plan, monitor and manage the biological performance of the GP farming operations to ensure that all farms meet high and consistent standards of production as measured by volume and quality output KPI’s
- Ensuring that appropriate standards of bio-security and bird welfare are maintained
- Manage the farm budgets to ensure the most cost effective achievement of the GP farming operation objectives, including management of supply contracts
- Manage the GP farming team to ensure that all employees are trained, motivated and rewarded to meet legislative requirements and the needs of the business
- Ensure appropriate standards of health & safety and environmental controls are implemented and monitored across area of responsibility
- Identify, propose and implement Capital Investment projects which are required to address quality, performance improvements or health & safety issues
- Work with colleagues across the business to ensure integration with overall business objectives and consistent application of policies
- Manage strategic expansion projects of the farming base and infrastructure to ensure the GP department continues to meet ongoing business growth objectives
What are we looking for?
- A minimum of 5 years production management experience within poultry rearing, fisheries or any other form of animal rearing
- A higher level qualification in agricultural sciences is considered beneficial but not essential
- Strong knowledge of poultry management
- A target driven team player, focused on delivering excellence for quality and production efficiency
- The ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills across a range of management levels
- Excellent organisational, planning and problem solving skills is essential
- Strong data analysis and interpretation skills
Our client is offering a market-competitive salary with excellent additional benefits for the right candidate.
Contact Jon McNeish for a confidential discussion today.