Managing Director (Equity Participation)
Are you passionate about helping a company achieve its mission & objectives?
Can you give strategic guidance and support?
Can you motivate a team?
MacGregor Black is currently working exclusively with a leading food manufacturer, on a strategic search for a Managing Director. This role is based in North West England.
The Managing Director will set the long-term strategy for the business to fuel growth across the various commercial channels. They will execute in a hands-on manner, leading commercial, marketing strategy and manufacturing functions creating motivated teams and developing talent.
- Working cooperatively within the company, improving sales and margin performance
- Creating a more brand-led environment as a key pillar of competitive differentiation
- Driving true commerciality with the ability to dive into the detail and be aware of cost and investment returns
- Solid understanding of manufacturing processes and an understanding of the disciplines needed to safely and productively operate a manufacturing facility
- Strong financial awareness and supervision
- Driving innovation for both its own, and customer, products
- Bringing further financial and commercial disciplines
- Engaging, at a senior level, with key customers driving the commercial agenda from the front
- Ensuring administrative and operational systems are in line with Group requirements
- Recruiting a high-performance team to ensure the business progresses and delivers strategy
What are we looking for?
- Graduate-level educated
- Proficient in French language
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Management Director/ General Management role which combines sales, marketing and manufacturing operation ideally within a related industry in a Company of similar scale
- Experience of working within cross border operations and maximising the cross-selling opportunity
- Experience of managing high growth in an entrepreneurial organisation where profit and revenue growth has been delivered through innovation rather than just cost saving
- Commercial acumen with a track record of managing complex customer and supplier relations ships including negotiations at the highest level
- Operational understanding having experience of a manufacturing environment given the complexity of the products and quality requirements
- An understanding of marketing-led development to deliver and improve ROI of brand investment
- A track record of applying strategic, logical and analytical thinking to drive growth and the flexibility to adapt and adjust plans in line with changing commercial realities
- The presence to work with highly demanding customers
- Inspirational leadership style evidenced by the development and retention of talent
- Leadership through teams
- A proven track record of influencing at board level within the business and external stakeholders
For a confidential discussion regarding this exciting opportunity, please contact Jon McNeish.