Senior Technical Manager
Salary: £60,000 - £70,000 basis salary plus excellent benefits package including bonus scheme, generous pension, car allowance
Are you a senior level Technical professional operating within FMCG? Are you looking to join a leader in the market with excellent opportunities for progression?
My client are a dynamic and varied business, operating across an impressive portfolio of well-known brand names in the food industry.
Joining this business will allow you to lead and drive quality and food safety improvement, support the management and resolution of quality and food safety issues across the manufacturing sites and be the technical point of contact in case of escalation with customers. This role will be across multiple sites so travel will be essential.
To coach and support the development of the site technical teams and build a strong technical understanding across the group.
- Responsible for a team of 3 direct reports
- Foster a continuous improvement mindset within the team
- Define the overall technical strategy for the business
- To lead the development of the quality and food safety culture within the manufacturing sites
- To drive quality improvements through specific initiatives, the prioritization of site technical improvement plans and sharing of best practice.
- To work with the site technical team to deliver audit compliance, complaints reduction plans, Quality Improvement initiatives, GMP improvements
- Build customer relationships at a senior level to improve customer credibility
- Maintain all accreditations including BRC and HACCP
- Liaise with relevant customers, suppliers, service providers, authorities and government bodies
- Strong FMCG background with significant experience as a Senior Technical Manager/Technical Controller
- Technical expertise within a wide range of food manufacturing operations
- Degree in Food Science or related science subject
- Flexible and willing to travel for the role
- Proven experience of working with internal and external customers and technical teams
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, able to listen, motivate and influence at all levels internally and externally
- Working with big brands in food/drink
- Self-reliant, decisive and resilient
- Experience of managing multiple projects at any one time
- Good knowledge of high risk/high care manufacturing and packing processes.
- Level 4 HACCP and lead assessor qualifications
- Knowledge of retailer codes of practice
- Experienced in the leadership and development of teams
This is a rare opportunity in the Midlands at a senior level. If this position sounds of interest, please contact Ali Jafri directly in 0161 6390080, or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Apply for Senior Technical Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly