Quality Control Manager
Our client, an industry leading food manufacturer is looking for a Quality Manager for their site in Stirlingshire. Of science/food degree level, you must have a can do attitude and be passionate about what you do. If this sounds like you, get in touch!
- Lead and manage the daywork, shift and micro QC teams.
- The role also involves working in conjunction with departments to provide specification information and testing regimes.
- NC and RFT provide data and provide resource to resolve.
- The key deliverables are to ensure that all required product and raw material testing is carried out in line with legal, global and site guidelines.
- Appropriate levels of interaction with Site SHE, Production, Technical, Maintenance/Services and Process Development groups are necessary.
- Ensure safe operation across all the areas of responsibility.
- Ensure compliance with all Quality, Food safety/hygiene, Environmental standards and procedures.
- Ensure all data generated is accurate and promptly reported in the site systems.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement in all areas of interface.
- Motivate and inspire all individuals.
- Ensure testing output meets the requirements of the production schedule and in turn satisfies customer demand.
- Strong leadership skills are critical as success will be delivered through people engagement and giving appropriate direction to personnel.
- Organisational skills, good problem solving, balanced decision making, and people motivation.
- Knowledge of Analytical and Microbiology tests.
- Experience of continuous improvement techniques e.g. 5S, Kaizen, Lean.
- Experience in a Food, Drink or Pharmaceutical manufacturing industry.
- Previous experience of using the SAP or similar transactional and planning systems is desirable.
- Computer literacy with MS suite
- Recognised degree or higher level educational qualification (BSc, MSc, HNC, HND) in a relevant subject.
- Food safety /food hygiene and/or H&S qualifications would be beneficial.
What’s on offer:
- Very attractive salary + benefits.
- Above standard holiday and pension package.