Gafoor Limited specialises in the farming, slaughter, processing and distribution of Red Tractor certified and Halal certified poultry products to Blue chip food manufacturers and wholesale Halal distributors. The manufacturing site is BRC grade AA.
With over 50 years of customer focused experience the company stands today as one of the UK’s long established-reliable poultry processors. The independently owned family business operates from a purpose-built modern plant producing fresh-quality, just-in-time chicken for our customers base. Significant plans are in place for progressive investment in the sites manufacturing capacity.
We are currently recruiting for the position of Engineering Manager in Preston.
The role involves leading the site Engineering team.
Main duties are:
- To ensure that all plant and machinery is maintained on a daily basis to ensure production demands are met. Liaising with the Operations Director / Factory Manager on engineering issues which may affect the business.
- To improve a preventative maintenance programme which monitors all key aspects of plant and machinery ensuring that breakdowns are minimised, maintaining the profitability of the business and meeting all customer expectations.
- To manage the engineering budget.
- To manage all utilities with the view to a ‘cost down’ approach, understanding and communicating any changes to your peers and senior management.
- Managing risk management systems to prevent any potential catastrophes which could impact the activities of the business. Ensuring safe working order and activities are guarded accordingly ensuring the wellbeing of all personnel.
- To manage all engineering projects using a critical path approach, considering key milestones and deadlines, using team input and the engineering resource to deliver low cost improvement.
- To implement and maintain a culture of team working with all colleagues.
- To maintain a weekly task list which defines a structured approach to the engineering programme.
- To implement and ensure that the maintenance team is used effectively, defining a structure of organisation which illustrates each team members’ activity on a daily basis, driving out downtime and improving the efficiency of plant and machinery.
- Maintaining product safety, quality and legality for all products produced within the company.
- To ensure all statutory requirements are met and are in accordance with the FSA, Environment Agency, BRC, Health and Safety Executive and other regulatory bodies.
- To maintain high standards of hygiene throughout the working day adopting a clean as you go routine ensuring good manufacturing practice policies are in place
Previous experience of leading an Engineering team in a busy manufacturing environment is an advantage.
Gafoor are offering a competitive salary to the right applicant for this role.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Engineering Management: 2 years (Preferred)