Factory Engineer- Poultry processing
Gafoor Limited specialises in the farming, slaughtering, processing and distribution of Red Tractor certified and Halal certified poultry products to Blue chip food manufacturers and wholesale Halal distributors. The manufacturing site is BRC grade AA.
With over 50 years of customer focused experience the company stands today as one of the UK’s long established-reliable poultry processors. The independently owned family business operates from a purpose-built modern plant producing fresh-quality, just-in-time chicken for our customers base. Significant plans are in place for progressive investment in the sites manufacturing capacity.
We are currently recruiting for the position of Factory Engineer in Preston.
Gafoor Limited are a growing poultry slaughter and processing company with robust investments already in place and further investment planned.
Main duties are:
- To ensure that all plant and machinery is maintained on a daily basis and that production demands are met. Liaising with the Directors and relevant Managers on engineering issues which may affect the profitability of the business.
- To support a preventative maintenance programme which monitors all key aspects of plant and machinery ensuring that breakdowns are minimised and/or eradicated.
- Support a risk management system that manages and prevents any potential catastrophes which could impact the activities of the business and have a devastating effect on the environment and people within the local community.
- Ensure all machinery is in safe working order and is guarded accordingly ensuring the wellbeing of all personnel.
- To maintain a weekly task list which defines a structured approach to the engineering programme and incorporates planned and unplanned work.
- Maintaining product safety, quality, integrity and legality for all products produced within the company
- Monitor and report on stock levels and critical parts availability.
- To ensure all statutory requirements are met and are in accordance with FSA, BRC, Environment Agency, Health and Safety Executive and other regulatory bodies.
- To maintain high standards of hygiene throughout the working day adopting a clean as you go routine ensuring good manufacturing practice policies are in place.
- To diagnose breakdowns.
- Control tools, stores and equipment thus ensuring a safe and tidy working environment.
- Respond promptly to emergency situations, checking fire systems and support in carrying out drills.
Previous engineering experience working in a busy manufacturing environment is advantageous.
Gafoor are offering a competitive salary to the right applicant for this role.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- engineering: 1 year (Preferred)