Engineer (Electrically biased) Energy Centre - Arla Foods
Arla is one of the world's largest dairies who produce nutritious household-favourite brands in a way that makes things better for our customers, the farmers who own us, and the whole world.
We are currently looking to recruit Engineers for our on-site Energy Centre at our flagship Aylesbury Dairy. Aylesbury is the world's first zero carbon producing dairy production facility and uses advanced processes and has cutting edge renewable energy facilities.
What will you be doing...
You will be required to effectively operate and maintain a wide variety of services equipment - Including Ammonia Compressors, Air Compressors, Steam Boilers, CHP Engines, AD Plant, Electrical Distribution Networks.
In addition, there will be a key emphasis on customer relations effectively liaising with departments across site.
Responsibilities will include:
- Carry out and coordinate work in the energy centre and services distribution areas, including the management of external contractors
- To complete all predictive, preventative and corrective maintenance work orders as detailed in the departmental work load plan generated, in partnership, by the Maintenance Manager
- Conduct RCFA investigations in to plant issues and component failures and implement corrective actions
- Generate and review plant and maintenance documentation and critical procedures as required.
- Conduct bench overhaul activities on designated repairable components
- Conduct second line fault finding on plant upsets and equipment malfunctions, implementing suitable corrective actions
- Initiate causal analysis investigations into plant upsets and equipment malfunctions and generate detail reports
- Implements condition-based inspections of equipment in distress and determines corrective actions and timescales
- Manage and provide technical support to local & capital projects
- Conduct audits to measure and improve effectiveness of Site Engineering function
Ideally, we are looking for Engineers who have experience of working on electrical plant however we would welcome any multi skilled applicants with a strong Electrical bias:
- Practical experience carrying out PPM's and undertaking routine Electrical Repairs and Maintenance in line with SFG20 or equivalent, with basic fault-finding diagnostic experience.
- Completed a recognised Electrical Apprenticeship (Preferred not Essential)
- City and Guilds 236 Parts 1&2 OR equivalent
- City and Guilds 2382-15 17th Edition (or 18th)
- Minimum of 2 year working as an Electrician.
- Capable of working independently.
- Excellent customer service skills - very client facing
This is a shift-based role which will involve days, nights and some weekends.
Please apply online as soon as possible