Assistant Technical / Quality Manager
Alexander Steele are currently recruiting for an Assistant Quality / Technical Manager for our client in Scotland. This is a great opportunity for a career focused individual as the site is investing heavily in developing the site to make it a world calls leader in its field. Paying c£25,000 per annum and working Monday – Friday (8.30am – 4.30pm) you will be assisting the Technical Manager with their duties as well as managing the QC Teams. Please see the details below and if interested please do not hesitate to apply to the role!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare & participate in product / site audits
- Monitor & appraise QC Staff
- Training & development of staff
- Assist with factory based BRC and customer audits
Knowledge and skills
- Excellent communication skills – all formats and all levels (verbal, written and including internal and external customers/ visitors)
- Food safety and quality system theory and implementation
- Knowledge of methods of customer systems
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Skills in handling and resolving problems effectively
- Proven ability to work with colleagues across the business to deliver customer focussed results.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with tasks without supervision.
- IT proficiency to assist with jobs and analyse data
- Audit assessor
- Managerial skills
- Educated to a high level (degree preferred) in a science related discipline
- Experience in chilled food manufacturing environment
- Experience of Customer/ retail systems
- Food safety/ HACCP level 3 minimum or equivalent
- Good working standard of Microsoft office.
- Experience in quality assurance/ quality control/ environmental standards/ organic production systems