- Effective management of raw materials and suppliers (technical/quality).
- The performance of raw material and suppliers is monitored, communicated and that effective improvement plans are implemented when required.
To ensure that customer feedback data is analysed, communicated appropriately and effective improvement plans are put in place when required
Key Aspects of Job:
Working with relevant management and team members to ensure:
- Supplier assurance related systems are understood, implemented consistently on a daily basis and developed over time.
- Customer feedback analysis are available and understood to support development of a quality awareness and quality culture.
- Carry out traceability and mass balance checks and exercises when required
- Support completing internal audits
- Lead projects as required
- Support the Technical Team on general tasks and improvement projects
CUSTOMER FEEDBACK AND QUALITY:
- Analyze customer feedback data and generate customer feedback reports as required
- Communicate effectively customer feedback with relevant departments within the business
- Support the implementation of the quality improvement agenda
- Report and communicate raw material issues to relevant teams and check that effective corrective actions are in place.
- Ensure out of specification raw materials are managed and prevented from moving forward in the production process
- Work with meat cutting teams across both kitchens to drive continuous improvement and training to reduce levels of bone contaminations across all proteins
- Create awareness on quality related trends
- Liaise with relevant management and team members regarding quality related issues
SUPPLIER & RAW MATERIALS:
- Decision-making regarding routine raw materials and packaging acceptance
- Review and approve raw material specification and new supplier approval documentation as required
- Work with specification technologist to ensure all new suppliers meet approval requirements and all relevant documentation is in place
- Lead supplier related complaint investigations and internal foreign body finds in relation with raw materials
- Responsible for the inspection program of all raw materials (including packaging) completed by raw material technical assistants
- Responsible for challenging and improving specification parameters based on results from raw material inspection program
- Ensure timely and satisfactory closure of supplier non-conformances by reviewing the supplier’s investigation and corrective actions
- Ensure that the hold and reject procedure is followed for any raw material or packaging that does not conform to required standards
- Communicate with relevant team members / supply chain/ planning regarding any items on hold / rejected
- Ensure that any raw materials and packaging that are used on a concession bases are managed throughout the process
- Liaise with supply chain and planning to manage return of rejected stock to supplier including cost recovery
- Manage the risk assessment and maintain the raw material sampling schedule/ matrix, ensuring any new raw materials are added.
- Manage existing key cards and create key cards for any new raw materials and packaging
- Investigate and report on any internal rejections relating to raw material and packaging that are flagged by production teams.
- Track and trend results of supplier non conformances and provide detailed information as required to drive supplier improvement
- Responsible for generating and communicating supplier scorecards
- Track any costs associated with raw material issues and liaise with purchasing to recover costs from suppliers
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED:
- Food science related qualification
- IT proficient (Microsoft office and Windows environment)
- Auditor training
- HACCP level 2
- Knowledge of food fraud, authenticity and vulnerability
- Excellent communication and people skills (line management preferred)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time-keeping and organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise duties to complete tasks efficiently in a timely manner
- Flexibility and ability to work in a fast changing medium-sized company environment
- Available to work outside of normal hours and bank holidays if required
- Clear and concise written skills
- Ability to be proactive and drive improvement