Buying Manager, Hertfordshire
A great opportunity to join an entrepreneurial food business at an exciting time of growth.
My client is a long-established food business supplying food manufacturers, retailers, restaurants and wholesalers with high quality food and ingredients products.
They are now looking for an experienced Procurement Manager to ensure that the business continues to deliver against company and customer objectives. Reporting into Board level and managing a small team you'll develop and implement the procurement strategy whilst developing and maintaining long term strategic supplier relationships.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ongoing management of all purchasing activity
- Monitor key product markets ensuring you are feeding back to the commercial team
- Managing relationships and negotiating at a senior and strategic level
- Source and partner with key suppliers
- Work closely with Technical and Commercial to source new and alternative products
- Provide leadership and manage a high performing team
The successful professional will need previous food procurement experience, with strong knowledge of managing a European supply base. You'll be a strategic thinker who sets challenging goals with self-motivation and the ability to work well under pressure.
To apply send your details through to me today.
Tel: +44 (0) 1625 560778 REF. HLJ895241
Follow Focus Management on Twitter @foodjob