Hygiene Shift Leader
Our client, one of the UK’s leading Prepared Fresh Produce Manufacturers, is looking for a Hygiene Shift Leader to cover 2am to 10am based in Cambridgeshire. This role would suit an experienced Hygiene Team Leader or Supervisor. The role requires someone who can function cross-team and who can demonstrate integrity, honesty and reliability. The role will focus on leading and managing a team of skilled hygiene operatives and will involve developing and delivering the required cleaning schedules to the required standard within the required cost.
Reporting to the Site Technical Manager, responsibilities for the role will include:
- Ensure the training and development of the hygiene team to meet personal and team requirements in line with SOPs and safer systems of working.
- Continuous review and updating of cleaning instructions and practices.
- Review labour resource and complete any RTW.
- Review (and action where required) previous days’ comments and requests from other departments.
- Ensure all necessary equipment is available and in good safe working condition e.g. foamer / lances / hoses / chemicals / PPE.
- Conduct regular inspections with the operations team to assess the hygiene requirements at handover.
- Ensure that daily stock-takes and measurement of consumables are undertaken.
- Ensure that cleaning schedules are appropriate to the business and are met to timescale.
- Ensure that the standard of clean is acceptable, working with the Technical Team to review ATP / hygiene indicator trends / visual inspections.
- Constructive challenge of the team via KPI review.
- Work with the planning team to actively understand any time / planning constraints that may impact on the hygiene team.
- Work within the Hygiene budget with focus on labour and usage of cleaning chemicals.
Essential / Desirable skills include:
- Must have previous hygiene supervisory experience – ideally in chilled/fresh food
- Food Qualification – ideally Hygiene, HACCP and / or COSHH
- Knowledge of Food Safety and Quality Management systems.
- Office applications – able to use Excel & Word.
- Influencing skills
- Good communication – internally & externally.
- Commercial awareness.
- Able to see the bigger picture and take a pragmatic view.
- Well organised self-starter, able to manage own time
- Determined, positive outlook, and a clear focus on how the hygiene team affects the business
- Driving Licence
- One of the UK’s leading prepared fresh produce manufacturers supplying major UK retailers
- Preparing unique combinations of vegetables to customer requirements
- Well invested, highly automated site
The role offers a competitive salary. Working hours are 2am to 10am working 5 days out of seven.
If you meet these criteria and are keen for new experiences and further development then please apply AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4397 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.