Interim Health and Safety Advisor
Michael Page are working in close partnership with our Nottinghamshire based client, in search of an Interim Health and Safety Advisor - for an immediate start. Our client are a market leading food manufacturer, looking for support in stabilising on site processes as they search for a permanent member of staff to join the team.
Michael Page are working with our client to grow the existing team, with a passionate Health and Safety Advisor at their Nottinghamshire site. Alongside this search, the business are taking on an experienced Interim Health and Safety professional, who will be able to support while they search for a permanent candidate. They are a market leading organisation, with several sites across the UK and overseas. This individual will be key in supporting the company to develop an effective health and safety culture, and ensuring legal compliance to various food industry standards.
The successful Interim Health and Safety Advisor for this Nottinghamshire based position will need to be able to do the following:
- Advise on health and safety, and food safety legislation
- Monitoring and auditing H&S compliance across all parts of the site - with particular emphasis on food production areas
- Identifying hazards and carrying out risk assessments, and ensuring subsequent corrective actions are completed to standard
- Ensuring necessary internal and external assessments are completed on schedule - e.g. COSHH, LOLER, RIDDOR, etc
- Developing and delivering training sessions, alongside the management team to create a site culture where health and safety is consistently high priority
The successful candidate for the Interim Health and Safety Advisor role will provide evidence of the following to be considered for the role:
- Experienced H&S Advisor with experience from food/beverage manufacturing environment - ambient, frozen and chilled food all considered
- NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent qualification - with additional qualification in a food/manufacturing discipline preferred
- Excellent communication skills, to ensure H&S is effectively communicated across levels of the business - experience of delivering training would be advantageous
- A strong knowledge of current and relevant HSE legislation and compliance
- A self-starter who will challenge the status quo whilst employing a considered approach
Negotiable day rate, plus expenses