We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Import Controller to join this market leading food manufacturer.
With a proven track record within a food environment you will report directly to the Supply Chain Manager and be responsible for ensuring importation of products from suppliers, directly to customers and warehouse ensuring that they are delivered to the right place, at the right time, and in the right quantity whilst acting as first point of contact for all escalations.
- Managing the onward distribution of products from global factories through to warehouses in the UK
- Work with other departments to forecast and plan future shipments, sharing information with 3PL and Freight Forwarders, looking for the most appropriate channel into the UK.
- Deal with queries and issues on shipments.
- Validate all invoices to ensure timely payment, including VAT / Duty
- Monitor the performance of 3PL and Freight Forwarders
The ideal candidate will have at least 3+ years supply chain experience, specifically within import logistics. Excellent levels of communications and organisation skills. Experience within food / drinks trade or similar FMCG environment
If you feel you meet this criteria and are seeking to advance your career with a expanding food manufacture then please contact Oliver Duffen on 01173 252999 or alternatively email an up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org