So, what will I be doing?
As a Junior Development Technologist, you will be joining the Development team in a distinctive, ambitious and trusted food manufacturing company that is committed to making great British dairy the right way. Working closely with the development team you will be assisting with the development process of new products from concept through to launch. The role will be working Monday to Friday 8.30am until 5pm but with a reasonable flexible approach to working hours, which are required to meet business demands.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of kitchen samples for major retailer meetings
- Managing and running product factory trials
- Controlling the ingredient and packaging stocks
- Responsible for post-trial analysis including shelf life assessment
- Supporting customer presentations and visits
- Working closely with Development Coordinators and being able to cover some responsibilities for absence
- Working closely with the commercial and technical teams
- Maintaining safety and hygiene standards
Sounds interesting, what do I need?
- A food qualification or previous food manufacturing or catering experience – minimum of 1 years experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise tasks
- A passion for and interest in food and food trends
- Basic IT skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A can-do attitude
Why should I join the family?
We might be a group of family businesses but we do things very differently here.
We are independent, British and proud to be making the highest quality yogurts, desserts and ice cream under the Yeo Valley brand and for many of the UKs major retailers. Operating from four dairies and two logistics centres in Somerset and Devon, we employ over 1700 staff and produce more than 25% of the UK’s packaged yogurt.
We’re sure you don’t need convincing, but there’s a whole host of benefits that we offer including: 25 days’ holiday, plus bank holidays, pension scheme, healthcare cash back plan, cycle to work scheme, subsidised products and services and preferable rates with our partners.
Please bear in mind that our closing dates are used as a guide for when the application window is expected to close. We reserve the right to close the application window sooner than the date displayed if we can. We therefore recommend that you get your application in straight away – and don’t miss the opportunity to join us.