Due to continued company growth, my client are now looking for a Technical Manager to take control of the function for the UK. This is a fantastic opportunity for a visionary Technical Manager to join and eventually hire/develop a fantastic team.
One of the top canned products manufacturers in the UK are now seeking an experienced Technical Manager to join the team and continue in their success.
The key responsibilities of the Technical Manager are:
- Work closely with the quality department, head office in Europe and factory facilities.
- Liaise on a regular basis with all clients to build long lasting relationships
- Manage client requests in respect of technical documentation and claims
- Carry out Gap analysis of manufacturing facilities
- Carry out pre-audits (prior to client audits) at manufacturing and packaging facilities
- Provide expertise on technical specifications, NPD, regulations in respect of packaging and labelling, quality claims
- Assess QMS and compliance against customer requirements and specifications
- Implementation and management of Food Safety certifications
- Perform sampling and quality assessments
The successful Technical Manager will:
- Have a keen understanding OF Food Safety Standards, including BRC and IFS and experience auditing manufacturing facilities, preferably be an accredited auditor
- Implementation and maintenance of the risk assessment and the implementation and continuous improvement of HACCP system
- Good commercial acumen
- Ability to liaise with clients and customer complaints in a timely and reasonable manner
- Available to travel abroad around 10% of the time.
- Knowledge and experience of BSCI and SEDEX
- Excellent communication skills
- Hands-on team player
Competitive salary + benefits package