Factory Technical Manager
Factory Technical Manager
- Are you an experienced Technical Manager in the food industry?
- Is your experience with a significant amount of raw materials and finished products, as well as dealing with either JS, Waitrose or M&S?
- Do you have experience of not only managing a team but of making changes to bring out the best in the people around you?
If so, my client is looking to recruit a Technical Manager to join their Chilled Food Manufacturing business based on the Devon / Somerset border.
Reporting into the Head of Technical, you will be responsible for the day to day technical function of the factory, as well as the raw materials and quality within this business, ensuring that the factory is meeting or exceeding standards of product safety, quality and legality in a fast paced environment. Working on a site that employs nearly 1,000 people, that has over 500 raw materials and hundreds of finished products which are short shelf life products, this is a big role with huge scope for making significant change.
Key Responsibilities for the role of Technical Manager:
- Ensure that food safety is ingrained across the business, with appropriate policies in place and adhered to.
- Setting KPI’s across the business and reporting back where necessary, whilst being fully responsible for factory visits and audits.
- Fully responsible for developing the Quality Improvement Plan across the site.
- Work collaboratively with Operations so that there is One Approach to how the factory is run. This is all about inclusive behaviour and conflict doesn’t have a place in this factory.
- Previous experience of not only managing and inspiring a team is required, but you will need to work with the team to ensure that everyone is doing the right job, and to the best of their abilities. If this means retraining or restructuring individuals and teams, this is something that you must lead.
- Work cross functionally to drive NPD, GMP standards, working with the Procurement Team ensuring the best materials come into the business at the best price, this really is an all round job.
- Work with suppliers, setting SLA’s, conducting audits, ensuring accurate database and documentation at all times.
The perfect candidate for the role of Technical Manager:
- Ideally educated to degree level, if not, equivalent experience in a food related discipline.
- Experience of working in a food manufacturing business, ideally fast paced chilled food with multiple raw materials.
- You must have dealt with the major retailers, ideally JS, Waitrose or M&S.
- Advanced HACCP as well as Level 4 Food Safety.
- Lead Auditor.
- But the Biggy is your ability to work with, inspire and motivate a team. You must be able to demonstrate that you have delivered change to a business in terms of people and you can’t be afraid to make change for the good of the business as well as the team.
Salary: £competitive plus benefits. Relocation package will also be considered for the perfect candidate!
Whilst this is a Monday to Friday job, as with all technical roles, there needs to be some flexibility to allow for the nature of the business and the demands of the customers as well as suppliers.
Job Reference: 11463
Disclaimer: This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Winhurst Recruitment only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK. Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your application, due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful, but we may keep your details on file for future opportunities.
GDPR: We take Data Protection very seriously at Winhurst Recruitment from both a client and candidate perspective. By submitting your CV to Winhurst Recruitment, you are giving us your personal data which includes full name, address, phone number and email address. We will add these details to our database to assist with your job search. Our full GDPR policy is on our website. This tells you why and how we hold your data, and for how long. https://www.winhurstrecruitment.co.uk/gdpr
Winhurst Recruitment Limited is an Equal Opportunities employer and is committed to providing all employees with a working environment that is free from discrimination, intimidation and harassment. We value diversity and actively promote equal opportunities to all so that employees are treated equally, with dignity and respect