3 days left
- Contract Type
An exciting opportunity has become available to work as a Production Planner for a major food supplier in the retail and airline industries. They produce a wide range of products including ready meals, meal components and hors d'oeuvres. The prime focus of this role is the smooth interaction between departments ensuring seamless supply to their Clients
Based around the Company’s busy production schedule the role’s main responsibilities and accountabilities are:
- Provides suitable Production plans for the factory which enable the relevant cost, quality, hygiene and safety standards to be met. These plans will ensure the factory is loaded, sequenced and scheduled effectively.
- Scheduling of raw materials through company systems
- Monitor supplier performance against forecast
- Measure and communicate suitable Key Performance indicators.
- Communicate potential shortages to supply chain
- Form an integral part of the NPD process to ensure launch dates are hit.
- Interprets key trends in customer orders, factory capabilities, and stock losses.
- Provide effective data for wider business modelling.
- The job holder will be familiar with the Quality Manual and will ensure its conditions are implemented and managed.
- To produce specific plans for exceptional periods of activity such as Christmas, promotions, bank holidays and launches.
- To ensure that volumes and phasing for special promotions are validated in order to minimise the risk to the business.
- Ensures that company policies are adhered to at all times.
- Ensures that all Technical and safety rules are abided by at all times.
- Conducts regular planning meetings to ensure all necessary matters are considered and organised.
- Implements and maintains an on-going continuous improvement ethos.
- Provides clear and robust communication channels between factory, supply chain and buying department
- Working with Production and Human Resources to ensure an appropriate labour plan is in place to meet plans
You will have great communication skills across all levels within the business and the confidence and knowledge to ensure that this important role is carried out effectively and professionally.
A knowledge of Sage 50/ Sage 200 would be desirable but not a pre-requisite.
Apply for Production Planner
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly