Food Auditor (Subcontractor)
- Contract Type
SAI Global, a global Risk Management Services provider, is looking to recruit an experienced BRC-accredited Food Auditor, based in or around the Midlands area, to join our expanding team on a subcontractor basis. As a BRC-accredited Food Auditor, you will be required to plan and conduct professional audits that meet customer requirements. For this opportunity, the successful candidate will need to be experienced in auditing against one or more of the following BRC categories: 3 (Raw Prepared Products), 4 (Raw Fish), 7 (Diary, Liquid Egg), 8 (Cooked Meat and Fish), 9 (Raw Cured and/or Fermented Meat and Fish), 10 (Ready-to-eat Meals), 11 (Cans and Jars), 12 (Beverages), 13 (Dried Goods) and 16 (Confectionery).
Due to the client facing nature of the role, excellent customer service and communication skills are required as you will be responsible for representing SAI Global. An overview of the main duties is provided below:
- Plan, arrange and undertake detailed evaluations of premises, procedures and practices against pre-determined standards;
- Use objective evidence, gained through evaluations, to prepare detailed reports in an accurate and concise manner. In addition, you will be required to report findings verbally to clients;
- Under-take client follow-up;
- Provide certification recommendation;
- Ensure that client Non Conformities assigned to follow-up are answered in a timely manner, and review and analyse client answers;
- Provide answers to any requests arising during the technical review of files;
- Aid in the maintenance of comprehensive customer files, including all necessary documentation, as well as work with the Business Unit to facilitate internal and external communications regarding client management needs.
Experience and Professional Qualifications:
- A degree in a food related or bioscience discipline or, as a minimum, a higher education course in a food related or bioscience discipline coupled with appropriate experience;
- Experienced in auditing against one or more of the required BRC categories as listed above;
- A minimum of five years post qualification experience related to the food industry;
- Lead auditor qualified to IRCA or equivalent;
- HACCP qualified;
- Excellent report writing, analytical and presentation/communication skills;
- Highly self-motivated, and capable working with minimal direction displaying credibility and responsibility;
- IT literate with proficiency across Microsoft Office.