Senior Development Chef
SALARY / BENEFITS
£45,000 to £50,000 Per Annum
25 days holiday
Highly competitive rewards package including Group Pension and Car or Car Allowance
Excellent career progression prospects across the Bakkavor group
We are the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, with an international presence in the US and China. Our 19,000 employees operate from 39 locations, developing and producing innovative food for a wide variety of occasions and budgets. In the UK, we work with leading grocery retailers, focusing on their own label brands.
Bakkavor Desserts has 4 sites across the UK - Newark, Leicester, Devizes and Highbridge.
The Bakkavor Desserts Newark site specialises in making chilled desserts such as trifles, creamcakes and choux pastries. The site employs over 1,600 people.
The Bakkavor Desserts Leicester site specialises in making retail cheesecakes, hot-eating puddings and potted desserts. The site employs over 400 people.
The Bakkavor Desserts Devizes site specialises in making chilled desserts such as tarts, yum yums, doughnuts, pies and pastries. The site employs over 500 people.
The Bakkavor Desserts Highbridge site specialises in making chilled desserts such as cheese cakes, tarts and sponges. The site employs over 550 people.
We are looking for award winning pastry / patisserie Chefs looking to progress their career in a Food Manufacturing environment in a Senior Leadership role.
This is a unique role leading the Development Kitchen at Bakkavor Desserts based from our site in Newark, working alongside some of the most creative minds in the Food Manufacturing industry.
Responsible for Tesco Product Development, motivating and leading a team to deliver new inspiring dessert and patisserie products for our customers and consumers.
- To motivate and inspire the Business to a newer, higher level of culinary excellence
- To provide the business with creative development which results in the launch of new products in both current and new categories.
- Present ideas clearly, accurately and persuasively to achieve creative development throughout the Business.
- Understand the wants and needs of both internal and external customers to keep us continually ahead of our competition.
- Overall awareness of retailers comparative products from all major retailers
- Self- managed to enable the delivery of projects across the Business to agreed timescales and budget.
- Constantly keeping the Business aware of world-wide food through ingredients, techniques and leading chefs.
- Benchmark current products and agree with Business improvements and upgrades
You could be working in a food manufacturing environment with a passion for desserts or equally be a dessert / patisserie Chef in a restaurant with leadership experience.
This role is Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5pm with some flexibility at key times.