Hygiene Manager – Desserts Devizes
- Contract Type
£38,000 - £45,000
Up to 10% bonus
25 days holiday
Highly competitive rewards package including Group Pension
Excellent career progression prospects across the Bakkavor group
Shift Monday to Friday – with flexibility to work evenings & weekends.
We are the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, with an international presence in the US and China. Our 19,000 employees operate from 39 locations, developing and producing innovative food for a wide variety of occasions and budgets. In the UK, we work with leading grocery retailers, focusing on their own label brands.
Bakkavor Desserts Devizes, is based in Wiltshire and specialises in making chilled desserts such as tarts, yum yums, doughnuts, pies and pastries. The site employs over 550 people and is one of four factories that are part of the Bakkavor Desserts sector in the UK.
Bakkavor Desserts Devizes is looking for a Hygiene Manager to manage, organise and control effectively the shift running of the hygiene department. To ensure the optimal utilisation of plant, materials and people to achieve set objectives and hygiene schedules. Accountable for the safety, hygiene and dealing with personnel issues resulting in an efficiently run operation. To drive their department forward in term of continuous improvement, cleaning methodologies and hygiene standards.
- pro-actively managing to ensure that a safe working environment exists for all employees in the operation and that as a minimum the operation meets the standards set out in the Group Health & Safety policy.
- leading and driving standards of quality, food safety, hygiene and housekeeping within your area to ensure that both Business and customer standards are kept and audit requirements are fully met.
- appropriately managing the performance of all teams members including section managers through the use of Bakkavor performance managements systems (i.e. appraisal) and, if necessary, to impose disciplinary sanctions in accordance with Company policy through to Final Written Warning.
- owning the training & development of all levels of team including managers. Actively coach, develop, recruit and train team members to the required level of competence to encourage continuous improvement within the business.
- Ensuring all relevant practices are being followed to procedure to supply effective standards, both visual and micro. Challenges current systems of department looking for ways of improvement. Ensures the management team are supporting all functions to give correct standards without compromising start up of production lines in regards to downtime. Carries out regular auditing across all levels of staff within the Hygiene department and completes any actions raised in a timely manner.
- Challenging and introducing new KPIs to drive performance. Ensures Team delivers agreed KPIs across the operation Ensuring systems are in place to collect the necessary data to measure performance against the agreed KPIs. Developing and implementing PIPs and identifies areas for improvement.
- Plan, organise and measure labour and material requirements within their area to ensure that both short- and long- term agreed targets are met.
- Managing the communication process in their area to ensure that the workforce in their area is well informed on relevant business news and to encourage effective cross-functional links and that channels of communication are clear and available.
- Involvement in the selection process for direct reports and all staff within their area to ensure that the necessary skills are in place at all levels. Responsible for the supervision and coaching of Section Managers.
- Supporting and encouraging the Bakkavör values and a positive culture within their area, whilst fostering good employee relations through fair, consistent and effective people management. Supporting an effective SEF representation structure in their area
Apply for Hygiene Manager – Desserts Devizes
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly