Health, Safety and Environment Manager
Our client is one of the largest suppliers to UK retail of chilled own label and branded food and as a result of continued expansion they are looking to strengthen their operations team and improve site wide standards with an experienced Health, Safety and Environment Manager at their site based in Hampshire.
The role will involve proactively working with other management staff to establish and maintain a culture of safe, environmentally friendly practices across the organisation. Working alongside the senior management team, you will be responsible for devising and implementing the company's HSE policies and systems, and keeping up-to-date with relevant HSE legislation.
- To be the competent authority and subject matter expert on Health, Safety and Environment matters primarily for the business.
- To work with all departments to ensure the sites are compliant during audits and visits: meeting legal, trading agencies and customer standards and requirements
- Maintain ISO 14001 (Environmental) and 18001 (Health & Safety) accreditation for the site or their equivalents as decided by the company
- Produce a comprehensive set of KPI's and targets for health, safety and environment goals and review these regularly with the business to include committees and work groups/forums
- Develop and establish strategies to implement environmental initiatives and policies working with Sustainability Manager to support best practice and good public relations
- Work with line managers to control accidents, limit risks to the health of employees and visitors, and limit the exposure of the company to health and safety risks
- Conduct accident and RIDDORS related investigations and advising on prevention
- Conducting and reviewing risk assessments and safe work systems
- Welfare provision - first aid and DSE requests and supporting with occupational health risks/situations
Who we are looking for?
We need someone with over 5 years post qualification experience within an H&S, E compliance function, the background is not specific but experience of manufacturing and/or road haulage would be really advantageous. You will be experienced in the implementation of HSE systems and policies, have strong interpersonal and influencing skills and the ability to deliver training and presentations.
As this is such a key role you will have a proven ability to manage relationships with all key stakeholders and at all operational levels through effective communication skills, both written and oral.
This is a great opportunity to join a really successful food business in a really interesting and demanding role.
Get in touch with Henderson Brown today to view all of our current food jobs and fresh produce jobs and also to find out more about our fresh produce recruitment and food recruitment services.