The person coming into the business will be responsible to lead the engineering shift teams to maintain and improve manufacturing infrastructure which support the delivery of manufacturing plans in the most efficient manner and in accordance with food safety requirements
- Design and execute the maintenance schedule to maximise asset availability
- Provide leadership and direction to ensure that colleagues are kept safe, engaged, focused, developed and delivering their potential
- Develop and implement the Planned Preventive Maintenance Systems to enable proactive maintenance whilst balancing risk
- • Ensure that budgetary controls are managed so that the business targets are met
- Monitor departmental KPI’s , aligning activity to ensure targets are achieved
- Monitor and report energy usage onsite and instigate controls to promote efficiency of unit consumption in line with budgetary requirements
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement within the engineering department
- Applying an appropriate asset management maintenance strategy to optimise asset performance through the life cycle
Do you have experience in managing and leading a team of engineers? Are you proactive and self motivated individual who is looking for new management challenge? Are you looking for a fast paced environment to work in?
We are currently recruiting for a proactive and self driven Engineering Manager to be based at our site in Spalding.
You may not have heard of us, but we’re sure you’ve tried our products. We’re a vibrant, fast-paced leading food manufacturer. Employing c. 11,800 colleagues across 16 manufacturing sites we supply all the UK’s food retailers with everything from Sandwiches, soups and sushi to cooking sauces, pickles and ready meals.
- Proven track record of operating at engineering management level within a food manufacturing environment or FMCG
- Project Management skills
- Understanding of budgetary management
- Experience and understanding of Microsoft and computerised maintenance management system
- IOSH Certified
- Experience of leading a diverse workforce
- Experience of contributing to a multi-functional operational management team
- Ability to complete report writing etc.
- Engineering HNC or equivalent industrial experience
- Food hygiene accreditation • Maintenance management expertise (FMGCA, RCM, Tribology, CBH)
- •Yellow belt Lean six sigma certified
- Competitive salary and job-related benefits
- Pension up to 8% matched
- Company share save scheme
- Greencore Qualifications
- Exclusive Greencore employee discount platform
Throughout your time at Greencore, you will be supported with on the job training and development opportunities to further your career.
About the company