As Factory Technical Manager you will be responsible for upholding and influencing these high standards and keeping the extensive data records up to date. Client Details
- Ensuring the right level of technical resources are in place across site to ensure food safety, legality and quality are maintained.
- Upkeep of all product sorting data with reports back into the Operations team.
- Upkeep of departmental KPIs, ensuring the correct ones are maintained and reported.
- Upkeep of site accreditations and customer policies. In particular the maintaining of BRC grade AA+ site status.
- Implementation & maintenance of internal site procedures & policies.
- Customer and authority visit and audit co-ordination.
- Driving continuous improvement
- Upkeep of all technical documentation
- Customer specification upkeep.
- Maintenance of site PC system (QC & stock data capture)
- Upkeep of quality control, and quality assurance systems
- System developments / improvement initiatives
- External analysis sample collation, testing and result checking.
- Positive release of stock
- General help to QA manager including absence cover.
- Working with supplier assurance and business development manager on the supply chain and new project integration.
- Responsible for pest management in liaison with Pest Management Contractor
- Internal audit Co - ordination and completion of root cause analysis and corrective action plans
- Deputy for Technical support when on holiday or absent
- Customer complaints corrective plans
- Out of spec Micro Review and corrective plans
ProfileA natural people person
- External Lab Testing Trending
Ability to communicate with all levels of the business
Ability to work under pressure
Good understanding of Lean methods
Technical management experience
Experience of QC & QA regimes in a food factory.
Experience of internal auditing in a food factory
HACCP level 3 or higher
Food hygiene level 4 or equivalent / higher related science subject.
Please ask for further details