4 days left
- Contract Type
Bakkavor Group is a leading manufacturer in the fresh foods market, specialising in developing private label products for top global grocery retailers and well known international foodservice operators.
In the UK, our customers include some of the UKs best known grocery retailers including Tesco, Marks & Spencer, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, Asda and Morrison’s, who sell our products to consumers under their respective retail brands.
Bakkavor Pizza is based in Holbeach St Marks, Lincolnshire, and employs over 1,000 employees. It specialises in high volume pizza bakery manufacturing. It is one of five factories that are part of the Bakkavor Pizza & Bread sector in the UK.
As a Senior Technologist you will manage a team of 2 and be responsible for Raw Materials management alongside Specification writing. You will complete finished product specifications for the retailers and manage the retailer systems and process designed to generate finished product packaging. Alongside this you will lead the technical supplier management of all raw materials used on site through robust supplier relationships establishing clear agreed specifications and ensuring all standards and KPIs are met.
• Technical Standards: Completion of finished product specifications to meet the critical path and/or customer requirements, ensuring completion to right first time requirements for the retailer. Understand and apply all relevant Bakkavor, Customer and legal standards to all issues relating to raw materials and packaging.
• Quality Systems: Maintain high standard of document control relating to the details required for all finished product specifications. Will be responsible for risk assessing all raw materials used on site and working with the site Technical Manager to ensure these are approved for use before launch.
• Customer Management: To ensure all retailer online systems are reviewed and the housekeeping of site details are kept up to date and accurate. Will be able to identify emerging risks at site (be that through retailer notification, supplier communication or testing results) and react accordingly. The Raw Materials manager will communicate to all relevant parties and be instrumental in collation and communication of information where necessary.
• People: To effectively manage the team of 2 on the delivery of the technical KPI’s.
Required Skills & Experience:
• Demonstrates strong technical experience in a similar role
• Good exposure to technical systems and database savvy
• Working experience of Specifications & Raw Materials management
• Logical in approach with strong attention to detail skills
• Ability to work in a pragmatic way and not be phased by challenges
• Computer Literate in all Microsoft packages
• Competitive salary
• 25 days holiday
• Access to MyRewards (Company scheme offering local and national benefits & discounts)
• Group Pension (including employer contributions)
• First class training, fast moving environment & excellent career progression prospects
Apply for Senior Technologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly