Shift Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer
My client is looking to recruit a Multi-Skilled Engineer for their high performing facility in Surrey.
CLEAN is the UK division of Alsco and is the UK's leading independent laundry company with over 130 yearsâ€™ experience in providing professional linen and workwear rental services. On the Linen side CLEAN serve mainly the hotel and hospitality sector and on the workwear side we service all sectors with uniform requirements including catering, food manufacturing, engineering and automotive all the way to pharmaceuticals and restaurants.
Clean Linen Services Ltd, was founded in 1886 as Maidenhead District Laundry Company. Today, CLEAN has an outstanding reputation, built on quality and efficiency, and its 1,450 employees provide service to over 5,500 customers across England
As the Shift Multi-skilled engineering team working on electro-mechanical equipment. You will be an instrumental in ensuring continued efficiency improvement through PPM initiatives & fault resolution.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Electrical & mechanical fault finding
- Maintain effective communication with all relevant departments regarding progress on repairs and Maintenance requests
- Ensure all departments are kept informed when maintenance tasks are taking place in their departments
- Liaise with operations team to ensure maintenance schedules are adhered to
- Ensure all items of plant operate efficiently and safely through proactive and reactive maintenance
- Provide support and engineering expertise to the site operation through implementation of proactive planned preventative maintenance
- Carry out all engineering disciplines using best Health and Safety and engineering practices
- Identify opportunities of improvement that will benefit the system function in terms of performance, hygiene, safety, efficiency and provide a cost benefit
- Identify learnings from tasks undertaken that will improve on breakdown recovery, efficiency and implement the necessary process to ensure minimum downtime
- When down time occurs, utilise the opportunity to carry out other maintenance and hygiene tasks within the same time period
- All plant is maintained in accordance with the approved maintenance schedules and training provided
- Deliver against engineering targets are achieved
You will work a 4 on 4 off shift pattern. 6-6 am and pm.
A Maintenance/Multi-Skilled Engineer (ideally 50:50 but a bias of up to 70:30 will be considered either way) & have the following:
- Ideally formally recognised engineering qualifications/training
- Fault finding experience in an electro-mechanical environment (ideally FMCG although other sectors will be considered)
- Ideally 17th Edition training
- Ideally an understanding of PLC systems
- The ability to work independently and make informed, firm decisions
- The ability to work under pressure
c£40,000 DOE plus benefits and overtime potential.