Purchasing Manager, Packaging, Plant-Based Protein and Dairy
6 days left
- Contract Type
Purchasing Manager – Packaging, Dairy and Plant-Based Protein
We have an exciting opportunity for a proactive, team spirited individual to join IPC Europe as Purchasing Manager for Packaging, Dairy and Plant Based Protein.
IPC Europe’s mission is to help our Franchisees in Europe be more profitable and competitive – today and for the future through. The Purchasing Manager’s role is to support this through the delivery of agreed global and local strategies, projects and deals on designated categories which are in line with the strategic purchasing goals of IPC and The Brand across Europe.
This role would suit someone who has previous purchasing experience specifically in packaging within the food industry, with direct supplier/category responsibility who possesses a hands-on approach with the ability to think laterally to resolve issues and problems. The successful candidate will have the ability to operate effectively within a flexible, fast-paced, small business environment.
Tasks at a glance
- Selection and development of suppliers, in conjunction with the Quality Management team
- Negotiating best route to market for supply continuity and least cost
- Working with Product Management Team to ensure complaints are resolved quickly and a quality improvement plan is in place.
- Negotiate and execute contracts in line with the agreed guidelines and category management principles.
- Sourcing NPD items and working closely with the Product Management team to make sure they are delivered on time, on budget and to the required technical standards
- Reducing total cost and/or generating sustained value in a spend category while maintaining or improving quality and service levels
- Working as part of a cross-functional team to ensure correct prioritisation of projects to ensure overall department and company objectives are met
- Managing long-term supplier improvement and relationship management, through the use of scorecards and other appropriate tools
- Conducting regular visits to suppliers and processors to become an expert in the product area and ensure delivery of continuous improvement
- Ensuring product contingency is in place, for assured supply at all times
- Building relationships and strengthening communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Development and execution of category strategies following our category management principles.
IPC Europe Limited is a non-profit making organisation. We are owned by Franchisees of world’s largest and fastest growing submarine sandwich franchise. Today we manage contracts as well as the purchasing and supply of specified and approved food, packaging, equipment and business solutions. We also provide a range of services and technology solutions.
IPC Europe is a collaborative, friendly and high performing organisation where initiative is encouraged and appreciated together with a ‘can do’ attitude.
We are based in High Wycombe, with superb public transport links, walking distance to the Bus and Train Stations, we also provide onsite parking for staff.
What we offer in return
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Fun, friendly open working environment
- Excellent training and development programme
- Opportunities for career development